Gain the skills, insights and competencies required
in all negotiations-in every industry-at every level.
Whether it's allocating resources for a project, funding a new initiative or
establishing a supply chain for a new product or service, negotiation is
inevitably at the heart of the process. This is especially true when the economy
is in a downturn, and priorities and resources are subject to change with little
or no warning. But few people are prepared with an understanding of the
structure, techniques and approaches available to them as they seek to
positively influence an outcome.
This hands-on training gives you a step-by-step guide to effective negotiation.
You must identify the problem, understand it from the other's perspective,
generate alternative solutions, and select a solution that benefits both sides.
All parties need each other to achieve their goals. Negotiation focuses on
solving the problem and closing the gab between what both parties want.
How You Will Benefit
• Know when-and when not-to negotiate
• Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
• Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of the negotiation
• Adjust your communication style to achieve desired results
• Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation
• Effective negotiate face-to-face, on the phone or through e-mail and other
What You Will Cover
What is Negotiation?
• The basic concepts of negotiation
• What is negotiable in typical business situations
• Identify approaches to negotiation
• Identify the six stages of negotiation
• Use appropriate behaviors in each of the stages
• Define the influences on the negotiation process
Planning Your Negotiation
• Plan a negotiation
• Determine a settlement range
• Apply the planning framework in practice negotiation
• Apply the persuasion process
• Use the frame/reframe process to understand the other party
• Examine possible approaches to use when there is confrontation
• Use listening skills in the negotiation process
• Explain the four dimensions of DISC and the style tendencies of each
• Describe the characteristics of dual styles and their impact on negotiations
• Describe how to adapt style to maximize the results of negotiations
• Identify why negotiations become derailed and how to avoid negotiation traps
Crafting a Strategy for Your Negotiation
• Plan a strategy to apply your negotiations
• Describe the process of identifying a problem or issue for negotiation
• Identify steps and techniques for choosing appropriate communication methods
• Create and apply a strategy for a business negotiation simulation
• Apply what you've learned to plan a negotiation for back on the job
Who Should Attend
Those responsible for negotiating the best possible terms of an agreement for
Note: this program in not intended for labor union negotiators of either side.
FOCUS Team Expert
April 20-22, 2009 (3 days)
Sahid Raya Hotel, Solo
Rp. 4.800.000,- per participant, excluding accommodations & tax.
Send by email -or-
Wisma Pakuan, Jl. Pakuan 12
BOGOR - 16143
CP: Ms. Eka Rheni -or- Mr. Abdul Rohim
Phone: (0251) 2169-150, (021) 7009-9943